A few years ago I decided to put some science in the game, and do some statistics to improve my strategy, and get some understanding of how the mission system exactly works. I have collected the data of more than 10 000 missions so far, and I made several observations. I open this thread to share the knowledge, and probably answer questions.
I am playing on four servers (all Hungarian), and collected the data with knights of different levels, covering all the map locations and both karma, ordinary and event opponents.
In my posts I am going to not just answer some topics, but show statistical evidence, mathematical deduction and diagrams to support my statements.
In some cases, I found that official description and Battleknight Lexicon is false or inaccurate.
While I can give a comprehensive model of the mission system, I have also found the formula to calculate the daily silver cost of order castle developments, and still working on the exploration of dueling and group mission system.
I will write about topics like:
- How the level of the knights counts in calculating the silver loot?
- How the size of mission counts (spoiler: it's obvious, but I will prove it for fun)?
- What is the meaning of profit classes (Normal, Large, Phenomenal)?
- What is the frequency of profit classes? How are they depend on Luck?
- How profit changes in towns, mission locations?
- How profit depends on the various opponents?
- How profit depends on winning, losing, or draw?
If you don't find the proving methods interesting, you can skip it: at the end of each post, I will write a short summary.